The Tower Grove South Concerned Citizen Council was approved by voters in 2008 as a “Special Taxing District”:
- The primary purpose is to provide enhanced security for the District which includes:
- private patrols (off-duty City of St. Louis Police officers);
- enhanced alley lighting;
- trash pickup;
- crime/safety education;
- and other safety-related services to residents living within the District.
- Funded 100% by property taxes:
- Not a Community Improvement District or Tax-Increment Financed (which are funded by sales tax revenue);
- Revenue received by City of St. Louis in Feb/Mar following the close of each tax year (12/31);
- The tax rate for 2021 will be set at $0.65 per $100 of assessed value;
- The maximum tax rate allowable by law is $0.71;
- Tax rate increases are the decision of the Board and do not require a vote by taxpayers.
- West: Roger Place;
- South: Gravois Ave to Phillips/Roger;
- East: Grand Boulevard;
- North: Alley between Utah Place and McDonald Avenue.
- Board members :*
- Comprised of a 7-person board that is responsible for managing the business and financial activities of the taxing district:
- Appointed by the Major;
- Each board member serves a 4-year term;
- Requires five (5) owners of real property within the District and two (2) renters within the District.
|Board Member||Position||Designation||Term Expiration||Email Address|
|Vacant||Vice Chair||Property Renteremail@example.com|
|Carrie Koeller||Secretary||Property Ownerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Deborah Cohen||Treasurer||Property Owneremail@example.com|
|Rene Vega||Commissioner||Property Ownerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ken Warner||Commissioner||Property Renteremail@example.com|
* Board application forms can be found below: